Media and Press
Press, Media and Photography Guidelines
WEST PALMS EVENTS MANAGEMENT (WPEM) HORSE SHOW PHOTO AND VIDEO GUIDELINES
WPEM can supply official event photos on request and the Press Releases provided by WPEM contain photography that may be used in conjunction with the release, photo credits must be placed beside all photos. – Photo © photographers name for West Palms Events Management.
WPEM also provides Photo Galleries on our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/westpalmsevents, direct share from our Facebook page to your page is acceptable. Photo credit must always be included – Photo © photographers name for West Palms Events Management.
A photographer may not offer photographs for sale that have been taken at any WPEM event; only the Official Photographer’s images may be offered for sale.
At certain events WPEM provides the opportunity to request a Press Pass (e.g. Del Mar and Sacramento International). The Press Pass application process will provide guidelines to the use of photography and video taken the events. Photos taken by a Press Pass holder will normally be cleared for use in print, online reporting and social media posting in direct relation to the specific event. The sale of any photography is forbidden and photos taken are for the use of the specific Media Partner who has been issued a Press Pass only. Photos additionally may be purchased from listed Official Photographer or via WPEM Press Releases. The use of video will be clarified at the time of Press Pass applications.
WPEM may be contacted if you need any further information or requests with regards to photography and video. Our aim is to offer clarity to the use of photography. Our aim is to offer clarity to the use of photography and to maintain the services of an Official Photographer as service for our valued clients.
WPEM Press Application
- Media credentials may be issued to journalists on assignment by recognized and well-established magazines,newspapers, news services, publications, television and radio networks, local television and radio stations, Internetsites, agencies representing farms and ranches, and other approved media outlets.
- Internet sites will only be considered if they cover horse shows on a regular basis and are consistently updated withnews and features, or are local or tourism-based sites for area in which the event is hosted. Websites must be freefrom profanity and offensive language.
- Freelance journalists must provide proof of assignment from a well-established and approved outlet to be consideredfor accreditation. If photographer credentials are granted, he/she must also confirm that the images taken will onlybe used for that specific publication and for that specific story. Freelance writers may only receive a credential basedon the publications they are representing and on a preapproved story concept with a credible outlet.
- No photographer at any event managed by West Palms Events may sell photography, except the Official Horse ShowPhotographer. Photographers are allowed to shoot family and/or friends. Any violation of this could result in havingyour credential revoked.
- Media credentials, if granted by show management, must be worn prominently and at all times while on the WPEMshow grounds.
- The deadline to apply for media credentials is 5 days prior to the first day of the show.
- WPEM reserves the right to deny any media credential request or revoke a media credential if guidelines are notfollowed.
Drop Us a Line
Don't be shy.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Keep up to date.