As we head into three very full weeks we want to remind you about important biosecurity measures still in place following the outbreak of EHV last winter here in California.
Please review the following policies:
- PROVIDE YOUR USEF VACCINATION RECORD(S)
- PROVIDE A 3-DAY TEMPERATURE LOG
- SIGN A TRAINER DECLARATION OF HEALTH
- PRESENT ALL EQUINE HEALTH DOCUMENTS
Basic biosecurity measures to follow to decrease potential disease spread at equine events include:
- Limit horse-to-horse contact
- Avoid horse contact outside of your group
- Limit horse-to-human-to-horse contact
- Avoid the use of communal water sources
- Avoid sharing of equipment unless thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between uses
- Monitor your horse for clinical signs of disease and report any temperature over 101.5°F to a veterinarian
Please follow these bio security measures without exception to keep our horses safe. Report any equine health issues immediately to show officials or the show vet.
Any horse arriving without proper or expired documents will not be permitted to enter the grounds.
We look forward to having you!